If there is a go-to food for lunch, snack or dinner, then spaghetti won’t be out of the list. It is a popular comfort food, which provides us with instant happiness, no matter what.
Every time, I make spaghetti, I can sense how it makes my kitchen an instant winner!
It has a rich and flavorful aroma that gives me an instant happiness. Plus, I don’t have to spend so much time in cooking it. In fact, I can prepare mine in less than 30 minutes. Today, I would like to share a very easy and simple to cook spaghetti that your kids will surely approve!
But then if you’re following gluten-free diet, you won’t consider ordinary pasta made of semolina wheat is never an option. And then because you are a vegan that does not eat pork, chicken or beef and hams cut in a meat slicer and then cooked on a pellet grill, you’d say no straight to meatballs.
Fret not, though, as help is at hand. The recipe I’d share with you is made of rice and corn spaghetti noodles and mushroom spaghetti sauce, so no need to worry. If you are ready, check out the following for the ingredients and directions in cooking our delectable, gluten-free and meat-free recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
· 1 pack of 375g Spaghetti Noodles
· A can of mushrooms, chopped
· 3 teaspoons of canola oil
· 1 piece of onion, chopped
· 4 cloves of garlic, minced
· A can of 28-ounce diced tomatoes
· Two cans of 6-ounce tomato paste
· Two cans of 15-ounce tomato sauce
· 2 cups of water
· One and a half teaspoon of brown sugar
· 2 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes
· One-fourth to one-half teaspoon of red pepper flakes, crushed
· 3 teaspoons of basil
· Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta, fill a pot with water and add a teaspoon of olive oil and a dash of salt. Add in the spaghetti noodles. Cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
For the sauce
1. Put the oil in the pan and then add the onion and garlic. Stir and continue cooking until the onions are softened.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water.
3. Start adding the parsley, basil, brown sugar and crushed red pepper and black pepper.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Stir the mixture on low fire.
6. Simmer while constantly stirring it for about an hour. [TIP: Simmering the spaghetti sauce longer gives it a richer flavor. However, see to it that you check on it constantly to avoid burning it.]
7. Spoon sauce on spaghetti noodles. Mix well.
**For the best results, I suggest using the ORGRAN Rice & Corn Pasta if you’re looking for gluten-free spaghetti pasta.
Why? Using rice and corn pasta is ideal for the recipe because it can keep its shape and texture of the pasta even when you baked it in the oven.
The bonus part is that the kids will not be able to tell the difference between rice and corn pasta and regular semolina wheat pasta!
Rice and corn pasta is one of the best gluten-free pastas on the market because it can remain firm, while keeping a toothy bite. It also comes with a lighter texture than your traditional wheat pasta.
What are the benefits of eating gluten-free pasta? It may help you reduce your risk to certain cancers, heart disease and other chronic conditions, including Type 2 diabetes, if you’re suffering from gluten intolerance or Celiac disease. It may also help your body fight bacteria and viruses because it may provide it with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
I really feel the importance of choosing gluten-free and vegan recipes if you’re gluten intolerant and vegan to avoid ruining your diet and digestion. Thus, you don’t only improve digestion but also nutrient absorption, allowing you to get the most out of food you eat.