Before we proceed to discuss what the best vacuum sealer for sous vide is, let’s try to point out something important. For most of us who would hear Sous Vide the first time, we might be thinking that it is cooking with plastic after Google-ing the word and looking at the images, but not really. It’s all about heating food just with enough temperature to make our steak/turkey freaking delicious!
According to Life Hacker, Sous-vide is the way to go for foodies who want tender, juicy and perfectly cooked fish and meat.
But anyway, without going into much technical detail, I would like to share something you will love to know about this technique as well as a few products that caught my attention.
- SAVE MONEY AND TIME: Cooking and meal preparation is now easier, more economical and faster, as you will be able to equip and organize your freezer, with fresh food ready to be defrosted and served or fresh ingredients instead of freezer burned food filled with ice crystals which will probably end up in the trash can.
- COULDN’T BE EASIER: Fully automatic simple electric plug in design with the control center placed on the top panel and soft touch digital buttons along with led indicator lights. A smart device at your family’s service!
- DUAL SEALING MODES: Useful and practical, the MUELLER vacuum sealing system is cleverly designed HAVING two selectable modes to provide your food with the best possible preservation based on the type of food you want to seal. You can choose the dry setting for solid food items and the moist setting for poached, simmered or steamed food.
- TRUSTED MUELLER QUALITY LAB TESTED: Vacuum sealers preserve food up to 5 times longer than zipper baggies or containers, basically depending on the type of food. The Mueller Vacuum Sealer however, was subjected to harsh laboratory testing to effectively increase food shelf life and keep doing so for years to come.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX: Along with the vacuum sealer and the air suction hose, the Mueller vacuum sealer package also includes: 5 medium vacuum bags (7.8” x 11.8”) and one extra-long vacuum bag roll (7.8” x 79.0”), both kinds being reusable and waterproof. A complete bundle right out of the box.
Best Vacuum Sealer For Sous Vide: What You Need To Know
Things To Look For When Shopping Around For The Best Vacuum Sealer For Sous Vide
This is one of the most important factors to consider when shopping around. All of us have this price limit when it comes to buying any product we need. But of course, you don’t have to spend top dollar cash just to buy the best vacuum sealer for your needs. After all, what matters is to get something that has the features we’re looking for at an affordable price.
Using A Vacuum Sealer For Sous Vide Cooking
What Are The Benefits Of Sous Vide Cooking?
Why are we talking about sous vide in the first place? Well, whether you are a hands-on mom or simply someone into healthy eating, I bet you will love that a vacuum sealer can work wonders for you when it comes to the benefits it can provide you with-not mentioning that sealing food helps in preserving it longer.
- Tasty food all the time
- Controlled temperature
- So what’s in it for you?
- Easy cooking
I love sous-vide for the fact that it does not require much attention at all. I don’t have to worry about food being burnt or overcooked. What I just need to do is to set the right temperature and timer and then leave it. And every time I do it, I just love the result—juicy and tender meat!
My review of sous vide won’t be completed without mentioning what might be useful choices for vacuum sealers.
Top 5 Rated Vacuum Sealer For Sous Vide 2019 – 2020
- It might be a good choice if you are looking for a durable model for your sous-vide cooking adventure.
- What might be useful is that this product has a drip tray that works perfectly in preventing mess and that it has the ability to seal even my delicate salmon without damaging it.
- If you are looking for an efficient motor that works firmly but quietly, then the model might also be for you.
- It also has a good design, including an essential storage. And if you love to seal food in a matter of seconds for cooking sous vide meat or storing in the fridge, it might also be the kitchen helper for you.
- Its one-year warranty might also be something that you’ll appreciate so that you know that there’s help when you meet any trouble with your purchase, provided you’d meet the warranty terms and that the product’s not damaged due to negligence or misuse.
- Not a more affordable product in the category
WARING Pro PVS1000
- If you’re looking for a sleek and functional design in a vacuum sealer, I bet you might love this model from WARING.
- It is handy that is translating to the convenience of use, but it does not only look good—also feels good.
- The product is easy to use, not mentioning it also has a reasonable size that fits in the hand sufficiently. It functions quite well, at least regarding speed, something you’d love if you’re always in a hurry, yet you also want perfect outcomes all the time.
- The PVS1000 is ready to use, coming with 24 resealable bags and letting you use it right out of the box.
- The product is also easy to store, not mentioning it is lightweight to carry anywhere. It does not take much kitchen space, and it can be used in a residential or commercial kitchen; it might be something for you if you have a restaurant.
- The good thing is that it is not only portable and lightweight, but the product might also be for you if you are into hunting or picnic trips with your family with its battery-powered feature. So, all you have to do is to take it and put it in your camper or RV.
- And if you’re looking for a sealer to work for the small kitchen, then it might also be the choice for you and not a full sized sealer that could take the entire counter space.
- Definitely not a cheaper choice, too
- Its design might not work for those looking for a conventional sealer design.
Purchase This Product on Amazon.com
- Are you into affordability? I think this review won’t be complete without mentioning a might be a good pick for a cheaper vacuum sealer.
- This product offers good performance even if it not as expensive as the previous models I’ve already mentioned here.
- What I like about it is that it is easy to operate with its button press and release system that seals the food. I don’t have to break a sweat using it, and just like other models on the market, users only have to get started with the sealing process anytime they need to without any worries at all. Its quick operation might be handy when you’re rushing your steak, but you still want it to come out perfect for a great dinner with your special someone.
- I think another feature to appreciate about it is that it has the functional design, special mention to its drip tray that is a big help for keeping the appliance easy to clean and prevent it from being messed up no matter how often we use this vacuum sealer.
- The product is also versatile, and it can cook most of the dishes that higher end models can. I suggest that you look into this model if you are just starting a family, and you want to complete your kitchen helpers without breaking the bank.
- Might be too small if you want to seal a larger quantity at once
- Might not be long-lasting as compared to tougher models out there
SousVide Supreme SVV-00300
- It’s a countertop model, though it does not take up much space, specifically if you are planning to have your sealer always in sight. It also has a good design which might be useful if you are building a contemporary kitchen or if you have a small kitchen.
- By the way, it is not only used in French cooking, but also in sealing almost all types of items at home, including important documents and everything you want to store in a very safe place.
- For people always on the go, I like how this product is built with its touch-top activation button that lets us just push down the top to start the sealing process.
- And if you’re not into much technical stuff as I am, you might love that the product comes with a user-friendly interface and control panel that lets us find what we’re looking for, including the different settings on how we want to control our appliance.
- Oh well before I forgot, I appreciate that this appliance has a manual select settings, which let sous-vide lovers out there to control their settings based on the food that they are cooking, whether it is moist or dry, or if it requires only gentle or standard sealing.
- It might also be a good pick if you’re looking for a vacuum sealer that comes with a powerful suction device, ensuring that the air is 100% eliminated out the bag, but without making food lose its shape.
- Definitely not very affordable
Game Saver Sous Vide Vacuum Sealer
- This product might also be for you if you are looking for an attractive yet functional vacuum sealer that can seal just about anything it can have a grip on. You might appreciate its subtle color pattern, like the Mossy Oak Camouflage pattern. The reason behind it is that the product is designed for hunters who love sous vide cooking fish. Just by saying that, you can come to a conclusion that the model might be a good choice if you are a camper or a hunter for that matter.
- Another thing that you might appreciate about the product is that it also works perfectly for sealing pieces of any meat, including fish fillets with its ability to sealing food quickly and keeping it safe from spoilage.
- So if you are a hunter who wants sous-vide cooking as well as sealing your catch or kill, I think this product might be the useful choice, as it can store poultry, beef or fish up to 5X longer than other storage methods.
- It also has a built-in roll compartment, which includes a bag cutter for your plastic bags and it comes with a sealing gasket for maintaining required vacuum inside its chamber, while its strip works perfectly in sealing the plastic bag.
- Its design might not be appreciated by those who love a simpler one to fit a sleek and modern kitchen.
And The Winner Is…
The clear winner for this round is the SousVide Supreme SVV-00300. It is reliable for its powerful suction device that keeps air out the bag, and it keeps food in shape. I also appreciate that it’s portable to take anywhere, in the camper or RV, or in picnics.
While it may not be the cheaper product in the category, it might still be the pick for those who are looking for a durable and functional appliance that gives them all the advantage in sous vide cooking and item sealing.
It also has manual select settings that let us take control of how we want it to work based on the food we are cooking, and it does not take much time in doing its work.
As compared with other options like the Game Saver Sous Vide Vacuum Sealer of camouflage effect, it also has a better design that works for all types of kitchen decoration. It might also be more durable than our Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer.
Nevertheless, study your options well and find the right vacuum sealer based on the features mentioned above as well as on your family’s needs, along with your budget and other factors you’re considering.