Are you shopping around for the best Japanese rice cooker? Before buying one, it is essential that you check for its features and functions to find out if it is what will suit your needs or not. Because there is a wide selection on the market, we’re highlighting three of the best products with varying prices, capacity, and features.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- Multi-functional use - cooks white and brown rice to perfection, but...
- Steaming capabilities - steam tray allows you to prepare your veggies...
- Capacity and measurements - cooks 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice. Easy to...
- Accessories - simple to operate using our user-friendly digital panel...
- Contents - includes a non-stick inner pot, steamer tray, rice...
To get started, the main things to look for are,
- Convenience and ease of use
- Programmable settings
Best Japanese Rice Cooker – Comparision Chart 2020
How big is your family? Can the rice cooker accommodate a family of three, four or five? Answer these questions before buying a Japanese rice cooker on the market. Just like when buying a skimmer maker for an aquarium, you also need to determine a rice cooker’s capacity and find out whether it can meet your needs or not.
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05: This appliance is a 3-cup rice cooker. It works perfectly well for singles and small families.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10: The appliance can accommodate up to 5 ½ cups of rice, making about 10 cups of cooked rice. It is better in this aspect versus the Zojirushi NS-VGC05 that can only cook up to 3 cups of rice at a time.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10: It has the same capacity as with the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10, except that this one is better when it comes to price. So if you’re finding large capacity rice cooker, but at a more affordable price, then this could be the best bang for your buck versus the Zojirushi NS-VGC05 and Zojirushi NS-ZCC10.
Our Top Pick for Capacity: Zojirushi NS-TSC10
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05: Regarding performance, this small but terrific appliance is promising. It comes with the fuzzy logic micro-computerized technology setting for smart control of time and temperate based on what menu setting you have chosen. This rice cooker can also be used for cakes.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10: When it comes to performance, you can rely on this model that has a quick read control panel, along wither timer functions, ensuring there is no guesswork in the cooking process. While it has the same technology used as in the Zojirushi NS-VGC05, this proves to be more valuable when it comes to added performance features, along with its ability to bake cakes, make brown rice and steam vegetables.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10: For performance, this is our best on the list for its wider range of performance features, including an extra large LCD that lets you take total control of everything. It has the same technology as with the Zojirushi NS-TSC10 and Zojirushi NS-VGC05, but overall it works best when it comes to heating system and for its spherical cooking pan.
Our Top Pick for Performance: Zojirushi NS-ZCC10
CONVENIENCE AND EASE OF USE
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05: This model is one of the most convenient models that we have reviewed for its portability and space saving feature. It only has 5.1 pounds and dimensions of 10.9″ x 7.9″ x 8.8.” It has a compact size that it fits even small kitchens and countertops.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10: When it comes to ease of use and convenience, this one proves better than the Zojirushi NS-VGC05. It comes with a spherical inner cooking pan as well as a heating system for perfect rice all the time. It also has an easy to read display panel for user ease as well as a retractable power cord.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10: It has a stainless steel exterior for more comfortable use and comes with an easy to read control panel. Regarding ease of use, this is best among the others for its compact and reliable features for convenience, not mentioning it also has a retractable power cord. Its exterior is also easy to clean and matches all kitchen designs.
Our Top Choice for Convenience and Ease of Use: Zojirushi NS-TSC10
Just like when shopping for a kettle or a ceramic cookware, you should also look into the accessories included in the Japanese rice maker with a timer.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10: The product comes with a spatula holder, two rice measuring cups, including rinse-free and regular and spatula.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10: When it comes to value for your money, you can get good value for it with this rice cooker that includes essential accessories, including rice measuring cups, spatula and spatula holder. It also includes a washable and detachable inner lid, which makes cleaning a breeze just like the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10.
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05: When it comes to accessories, the product stands out among the rest with more basics coming with it. Some of these include two measuring cups, rice spatula, spherical inner pan and a recipe book!
Our Top Choice for Accessories: Zojirushi-NS-VGC05
The rice cooker’s programmable settings is another feature to look for when buying, as it can help you have an easier time in cooking. In the following, I’ve looked into this aspect in the products I’ve reviewed today.
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05: This appliance can be the right choice regarding programmable settings for its clock and timer functions, letting you just set it up and do the cooking for you. It also has an automatic keep warm intelligent function so that you can serve your rice warm all the time. It also has menu settings for porridge, cake, and sushi, mixed and white rice.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10: It can cook brown rice, white rice, cake, porridge and quick cooking settings. It can also be used for steaming, and it has an interchangeable beep and melody signal, as well as a delay timer. For programmable settings, this product might be the better choice than the Zojirushi NS-VGC05 might be.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10: This is not the small rice cooker in the group definitely, and it is also big time in programmable settings versus the Zojirushi NS-VGC05 and Zojirushi NS-TSC10. It can be the appliance for your advantage, as it does not only help you with how much water is needed, but also with automatic directions. It has functions, including automatic keep warm, reheating cycle and extended keep warm settings.
Our Top Choice for Programmable Settings: Zojirushi NS-ZCC10
Saving on electricity is another feature to look for when shopping around for a rice cooker or steamer. And for that matter, I’ve looked into such aspect and compared the three products for you.
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10: The appliance consumes 680-watt of power.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10: It is a 610-watt rice cooker, which is more energy saver than the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10.
- Zojirushi NS-VGC05: It is smallest of all versus the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 and the Zojirushi NS-TSC10, so it is also the most energy saver of the three with only 420 watts of energy needed to run.
Our Top Choice for Power Saving Zojirushi NS-VGC05
The winner for the best Japanese rice cooker all depends on your needs and the features you looking for when looking for this appliance to replace an old one or add to your existing collection. Upon looking into the functions and features, I find that the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 is ideal for its durable and performance highlights, not mentioning the rice cooker is also a top rater product in most shopping sites. Also, when it comes to technology and convenience, this rice cooker proves the best option to get if you’re looking for a long-term investment.
- 1 In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- 2 Best Japanese Rice Cooker – Comparision Chart 2020
- 3 Our Top Pick for Capacity: Zojirushi NS-TSC10
- 4 Our Top Pick for Performance: Zojirushi NS-ZCC10
- 5 Our Top Choice for Convenience and Ease of Use: Zojirushi NS-TSC10
- 6 Our Top Choice for Accessories: Zojirushi-NS-VGC05
- 7 Our Top Choice for Programmable Settings: Zojirushi NS-ZCC10
- 8 Our Top Choice for Power Saving Zojirushi NS-VGC05