What To Look for The Best Cheese Slicer (and Top 3 Picks)
Are you shopping around for the best cheese slicer? If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine, cooking pizzelle, or pasta with hard cheese, such as parmesan, then you might be looking to invest in a cheese slicer.
This tool, just as you would see in Cooks Illustrated, is used in cutting semi-hard and hard types of cheese, producing even and thin slices, as compared to what a carpenter’s plane can do. It is also versatile enough in cutting cabbage, cold butter, zucchini, and cucumber. To find the right cheese slicer for you, we’ve reviewed three best products on the market based on the following features,
- 1 Our Top Picks for Best Cheese Slicer
- 2 PRICE
- 3 FUNCTIONALITY
- 4 MATERIAL
- 5 COMFORT AND SAFETY
- 6 FINAL THOUGHTS
Our Top Picks for Best Cheese Slicer
|Product Name||Quality||Price||Our Rating|
|Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer||A||$$|
|Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil||A+||$$|
|KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless||A||$|
Narrow your options by looking into the cost of the cheese cutter you’ll buy. For that, I have categorized our three products based on affordability.
- Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer: This versatile and sharp tool isn’t the most affordable in the group, but it can be for you if the price isn’t a concern and you’re looking for a long-lasting investment to cut a broad range of ingredients, including vegetables.
- Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil: This is our average priced product featured in this review. It comes with a sharp blade and nice balance, helping you come out with perfectly cut or sliced cheese when you need it. It is more affordable than Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer.
- KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless: The product is most affordable versus Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer and Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil. It might be for you if you’re looking for a lower priced product that can provide you with the same convenience and ease, as you would get if you bought higher priced slicers.
Our Top Choice For Price: KitchenTeck Japanese Mandoline Stainless Vegetable
What purposes are you using the mandolin slicer? Do you need to use the item you’ll buy for other foods? Check out the following for a brief guide on what to expect from our three products.
- KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless: Regarding functionality, you will find this product valuable for its price. The mandolin slicer can offer you with endless opportunities to make your Italian dishes and other recipes more exciting with its useful functions.It can slice and julienne the ingredients in no time with its sharp blade. Aside from cutting cheeses and vegetables, the product also includes a French fry cutter that can slice potatoes and sweet potatoes thinly with just the turn of the dial. Just turn the dial and change the thickness of the slicing with ease!
- Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer: This product works better regarding functionality than the KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless. It comes complete with a slicer to cut almost all your ingredients without any hassle.You can adjust the mandolin slicer and come up with perfectly cut or sliced fruits, vegetables, and cheeses without needing separate products to perform the task for you, saving you effort, money and time in the process. This product can be used in slicing chips, onion circles, juliennes, and salads, among others. Regarding functionality, you will find the cut-resistant gloves that come with the item valuable.
- Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil: The item works best versus the KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless and the Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer. It has all the essentials you need regarding cheese slicing. It comes with a wooden serving block and cheese board, handy cheese grater, cheese slicer, storage bags and cheese knife.
Our Top Choice For Functionality: Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil
What are best materials to look for when buying a mandolin or cheese slicer? See the following for a guide.
- KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless: This high-quality slicer is sharp! It features a robust stainless steel construction, along with a non-slip base, offering stability and comfort of use.
- Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil: The item is made of stainless steel for a rust-free and corrosion-free knife and slicer. You can look forward to long-term use with this product that comes with excellent additions, including serving block and stainless steel cheese grater, giving you better value for your investment. When it comes to material, I find it more valuable than the KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless.
- Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer: Nothing beats the top quality of this cheese slicer for soft cheese or cheddar, among others. Its blade is extremely sharp, and it is made of stainless steel that won’t bend and that does not require sharpening. So regarding material, this product proves to be the winner versus the KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless and Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil.
Our Top Choice For Material: Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer
COMFORT AND SAFETY
Safety is a necessity, along with the comfort of use. To look into those aspects in our featured products, read the following.
- KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless: When it comes to comfort and safety, the product is impressive with its safety food holder, protecting your fingers while gripping food for secure and safe slicing. For comfort, it comes with built-in blades, giving you quick slicing and fast cleaning. The Pro Dial also makes this knife ideal for anyone, whether a beginner or a professional chef. It lets you adjust the thickness of the slicing without any hassle.
- Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil: As compared to the KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless, this product is better when it comes to comfort and safety for its better features. Its cheese slicer is made with professional grade stainless steel and a solid material filled handle for a watertight seal.It also comes with a round shape handle for easy gripping and effortless cutting. Then, its cheese knife lets you cut through cheese with its serrated blade, letting it glide smoothly.
- Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer: Versus the Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil and the KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless, it appears that this product is most comfortable and safest to use with its high-quality built-in blade of stainless steel, which does not need sharpening or does not bend.When it comes to user ease, its adjustable settings only require you to turn and fix the handle to choose the thinness or thickness of the ingredients you are cutting. It is also very safe to use with the cut-resistant gloves that are included in the purchase. Overall, this product can provide you with a quickly and hassle-free cutting experience for chips, fries, salads, onion circles and juliennes.
Our Top Choice For Comfort And Safety: Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer
When it comes to finding the best cheese slicer, you have to study and weigh your options based on the factors that we have mentioned above, and they include price, comfort, and safety, material and functionality, among other things you find important based on your situation. Nevertheless, all the featured products are standouts in the cheese utensil category, so buying any of them can be a sound decision.
For the roundup, I could say that Grocery Art Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer is the clear winner versus the two other products, KitchenTECK Japanese Mandoline Stainless and Kitchen Gems Gourmet Cheese Utensil, although I am also impressed with their style, function, and high-quality construction.
As you see, you don’t need an electric appliance to cut hard cheeses, but only manual, hand tools like our featured products in today’s review. I hope that using this guide you can find the best cheese slicer for you.